- (idiomatic, military, of a weapon) held with two hands as in "port arms", but carried well above the head. The high port is often the position taught for running (at the double) or charging.
- (idiomatic, by extension) sticking up; (of hair, etc) standing up at a marked angle
- (idiomatic, by extension, of anything, not just a weapon) held in front of the body, especially in an authoritative or aggressive way
- (idiomatic, slang, by extension) at once, quickly; unhesitatingly, vigorously.
- (idiomatic) Positioned ready for immediate use.