One that makes an assignment.
assignor - Legal Definition
One who transfers a duty, interest, or a right to another.
Variant of assign
- to set apart or mark for a specific purpose; designate: assign a day for the meeting
- to place at some task or duty; appoint: I was assigned to watch the road
- to give out as a task; allot: the teacher assigned a new lesson
- to ascribe; attribute: jealousy was assigned as the motive for the crime
- Law to transfer (a claim, right, property, etc.) to another
Origin of assignMiddle English assignen ; from Old French assigner ; from Classical Latin assignare, mark out, allot ; from ad-, to + signare, sign
Law to transfer property, etc. to another