- A native or inhabitant of Asia.
- A person of Asian ancestry.
Usage Note: Asia is the largest of the continents, with more than half the world's population. Though strictly speaking all of its inhabitants are Asians, in practice this term is applied almost exclusively to the peoples of East, Southeast, and South Asia as opposed to those of Southwest Asia—such as Arabs, Turks, Iranians, and Kurds—who are more usually designated Middle or Near Easterners. Indonesians and Filipinos are properly termed Asian, since their island groups are considered part of the Asian continent, but not the Melanesians, Micronesians, and Polynesians of the central and southern Pacific, who are now often referred to collectively as Pacific Islanders. See Usage Note at Oriental .
- A person from Asia.
- (US, Canada, Australia), A person who originates from the Indian subcontinent, East and Southeast Asia, sometimes excluding the Indian subcontinent.
- (US, New Zealand), A person who originates from East or Southeast Asia, very rarely used in reference to people from the Indian subcontinent.
- (UK, South Africa), A person who originates from the Indian subcontinent, sometimes including East and Southeast Asia.
- Of, relating to or from Asia.