apolitical[ā′pə lit′i kəl]
not concerned or connected with political matters
- Having no interest in or association with politics.
- Having no political relevance or importance: claimed that the president's upcoming trip was purely apolitical.
(comparative more apolitical, superlative most apolitical)
- Having no interest or involvement in politics.
- The Queen is an apolitical figure.
- Having no political relevance or function.
- The PM's visit to the school was entirely apolitical.
- Politically neutral, unbiased, non-aligned, free from party politics
- My colleagues and I come to this task with open minds, we are apolitical and independent of any political party.