Anyway is defined as something done without regard to what happens.
If you are determined to do something even if you are not going to get paid for it is an example of doing something anyway.
- in any manner or way
- at least; nevertheless; anyhow
- haphazardly; carelessly
- In any way or manner whatever: Get the job done anyway you can.
- In any case; at least: I don't know if it was lost or stolen; anyway, it's gone.
- Nevertheless; regardless: It was raining but they played the game anyway.
- (conjunctive) Regardless; anyhow. [from 19th c.]
- He didn't enjoy washing his car, but it was so dirty that he did it anyway.
- (speech act) Used to indicate that a statement explains or supports a previous statement. See anyhow. [from 19th c.]
- I don't think that's true. I haven't found any evidence, anyway.
- (speech act) Used to indicate a change of subject.