- The definition of anonymity is the quality of being unknown.
An author who is not releasing his name is an example of maintaining of someone maintaining anonymity.
- The quality or state of being unknown or unacknowledged.
- One that is unknown or unacknowledged.
(countable and uncountable, plural anonymities)
- (uncountable) The quality or state of being anonymous; anonymousness.
- (countable) That which is anonymous.
From Ancient Greek ἀνωνυμία (anonymia) ("without a name" or "namelessness").