- an announcing or being announced
- an announcement
Origin of annunciationLate Latin annuntiatio: see announce
- Christian Theol. the angel Gabriel's announcement to Mary that she was to give birth to Jesus: Luke 1:26-38
- Eccles. the church festival on March 25 commemorating this
- The act of announcing.
- An announcement; a proclamation.
- Annunciation Christianity The angel Gabriel's announcement to the Virgin Mary of the Incarnation, observed as a feast on March 25.
- The act of annunciating.