- a person or thing that announces
- an electric indicator, as a light or buzzer, used in hotels, offices, etc. to show the source of calls
Origin of annunciatorEcclesiastical Late Latin annuntiator
- Anything that announces something
- A signalling device that shows which of several electrical circuits is active, especially such a device in a telephone switchboard
- A buzzer in a UK signal box, that sounds when a train activates a treadle positioned on the track. Provides a warning or announcement of a nearby train.