annunciator[ə nun′sē āt′ər]
- a person or thing that announces
- an electric indicator, as a light or buzzer, used in hotels, offices, etc. to show the source of calls
Origin of annunciatorEcclesiastical Late Latin annuntiator
One that announces, especially an electrical signaling device used in hotels or offices to indicate the sources of calls on a switchboard.
- Anything that announces something
- A signalling device that shows which of several electrical circuits is active, especially such a device in a telephone switchboard
- A buzzer in a UK signal box, that sounds when a train activates a treadle positioned on the track. Provides a warning or announcement of a nearby train.