(comparative more animistic, superlative most animistic)
- Of or pertaining to animism.
- The man felt that the rock was animistic; he felt that it had a soul.
Variant of animism
- the doctrine that all life is produced by a spiritual force separate from matter
- the belief that all natural phenomena have souls independent of their physical being
- a belief in the existence of spirits, demons, etc.
Origin of animismFrench animisme and amp; German animismus, both ; from Classical Latin anima, soul: see animal and amp; -ism