Origin of amnesiaModern Latin from Classical Greek amn?sia, forgetfulness from a-, not + mnasthai, to remember from Indo-European base an unverified form men-, an unverified form mn?-, to think, be alert from source man, Classical Latin mens, mind
Lucas appeared to be suffering from temporary amnesia after the car accident.
- Amnesia is defined as when a person conveniently pretends to not remember something since recalling it only works against them in some manner.
When a teenager tells their parents they will clean up their room, and when called on not doing it they claim to not remember having said such a thing, it is an example of amnesia.
- The definition of amnesia is a medical condition when a person loses his entire memory or part of his memory; it is often caused by being extremely sick or having a brain injury.
An example of amnesia is when a person is in a car accident where they injured their head, and when they wake up at the hospital they can’t remember who they are or anything about their life.
Origin of amnesiaGreek amnēsiā forgetfulness probably alteration of amnēstiā from amnēstos not remembered a- not ; see a- 1. mimnēskein mnē- to remember ; see men-1 in Indo-European roots.
- am·ne′si·ac′ am·ne′sic
From modified Latin amnesia, from Ancient Greek ἀμνησία (amnēsia, “forgetfulness”).
- Denton has played Mike Delfino since the show's inaugural season, during which time the character became a victim of a hit and run, suffered from amnesia, became a drug addict, gotten married, and became a father.
- Others experience temporary amnesia following head injury that begins with memory loss over a period of weeks, months, or years before the injury (retrograde amnesia).
- Today, Christina stars in ABC's Samantha Who? portraying the life of a 30-year old woman who forgets who she is after suffering a bout of amnesia.
- The actress portrays the lead role, a young woman who develops amnesia following a car accident and attempts to rediscover who she truly is.
- The soap clichés link includes definitions of some of the greatest clichés to play out on the small screen from amnesia to who's the daddy.