- Allegro is defined as a quickness of tempo.
An example of something that can be described as allegro is a portion of an orchestral piece.
- The definition of an allegro is a portion of the music that moves quickly.
An example of an allegro is the third movement of Beethoven's Piano Sonata No. 8.
Origin of allegroIt, literally , merry, cheerful from Classical Latin alacer, brisk, sprightly, cheerful
- An allegro passage or movement.
- A succession of fast jumps performed as an exercise in ballet.
Origin of allegroItalian from Latin alacer lively
- (music) played in a quick, lively tempo
- (music) describing a passage having this mark
From Italian allegro.