- the shortest distance between two points on the earth's surface; great-circle route between two places; beelinealso air line
- a system or company for moving freight and passengers by aircraft
- a route for travel by air
A company that runs a fleet of airplanes is an airline.
The definition of an airline is a company that provides transport on airplanes for people and things.
A company that has a fleet of airplanes that provides flights for passengers is an example of an airline.
of or on an airline: airline personnel
An organization that provides air transportation for passengers and freight.
- In the end, Carroll was told by one Mrs. Irlweg of United that the airline would not offer any compensation because, according to United policy, Carroll failed to properly report the incident to the correct personal at the proper time.
- Travel rewards - Credit cards with travel rewards are designed for the cardholder who wants to earn points based on the amount of their credit card purchases and then redeem those points for hotel stays, airline miles and card rentals.
- Cruise vacations can be expensive, but passengers who take advantage of Caribbean luxury cruise airline flights all inclusive offers can enjoy substantial savings that may make cruise travel pleasantly affordable and even more convenient.
- A few airline flights went non-smoking.
- Two airline tickets were on Dean's desk.