- The definition of airborne is carried through the air.
Pollen is an example of something that is airborne.
Particles of airborne pollen.
- carried by or through the air: airborne bacteria, airborne troops
- supported only by aerodynamic forces; aloft or flying
- Carried by or through the air: airborne pollen.
- Transported in aircraft: airborne troops.
- In flight; flying: The plane is airborne.
- In or carried by the air.
- Airborne pollen can aggravate allergies.
- In flight.
(plural airbornes or airborne)