- The definition of airborne is carried through the air.
Pollen is an example of something that is airborne.
Particles of airborne pollen.
airborne definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- carried by or through the air: airborne bacteria, airborne troops
- supported only by aerodynamic forces; aloft or flying
airborne definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Carried by or through the air: airborne pollen.
- Transported in aircraft: airborne troops.
- In flight; flying: The plane is airborne.