The definition of aeronautical is anything having to do with the study or understanding of air or flying.
An example of the word aeronautical is an engineer who designs and studies aircraft.
of or concerning aeronautics
(comparative more aeronautical, superlative most aeronautical)
- Of or pertaining to the scientific study of flight
aero- + nautical
- Area 51, officially the Air Force Flight Test Site Detachment 3, located northwest of Las Vegas, doesn't exist on any aeronautical or geological map.
- Arty the Part Time Astronaut is an adorably creative site that teaches children about outer space and aeronautical history.
- Their timepieces are widely used and are a trusted force in the aeronautical industry and the American Armed Forces.
- This may be an aeronautical badge or a specialized insignia for the member.
- According to legend, Hughes set his aeronautical design team to work on creating a bra that would be strong enough to support the bosom of actress Jane Russell, and the rest is history.