- The definition of aero is something related to flight or to being aerodynamic, allowing for air to flow smoothly over it.
An example of something aero is a car with a smooth body shape; an aerodynamic or aero car.
- The aero prefix means something involving the air or atmosphere, flight or airplanes, or gas.
- An example of the aero-prefix is an aerophysicist, someone who studies the physics the earth's atmosphere.
- An example of the aero-prefix is aeronautics, meaning the science of flying airplanes.
- An example of the aero-prefix is aeroembolism, a gas bubble that can form from surgery, diving, or high altitudes.
- air: aerolite
- aircraft or flying: aerobatics
- gas, gases: aerodynamics
Origin of aero-; from Classical Greek a?r, air
- a. Air; atmosphere: aeroballistics.b. Gas: aerosol.
- Aviation: aeronautics.
Origin of aero-Greek aero-, from a&emacron;r, air; see wer-1 in Indo-European roots.
(comparative more aero, superlative most aero)
- (slang, auto racing) Aerodynamics
.aero - Computer Definition
Pronounced dot aero.The generic Top Level Domain (gTLD) reserved exclusively for aeronautical interests.This domain was created in 2002 under the sponsorship of the Soci
(.AEROspace) A top-level Internet domain used by legitimate members of the air transport industry and civil aviation sector. Sponsored by the aviation industry, the dot-aero name was added in 2000. See Internet domain name.
(1) See Aereo.
(2) (Authentic, Energetic, Reflective, Open) The user interface in Windows Vista and 7 (discontinued in Windows 8). The visual experience the user receives depends on the Windows version and display adapter in the computer. The full Aero interface is provided starting with the Home Premium versions of Windows as long as the display adapter is capable. See Windows Vista and Windows Presentation Foundation.