(ē ō′lē ən, -ōl′yən)
- of Aeolis or its people, language, or culture
- of Aeolus
- of the wind
- a person born or living in Aeolis; a member of any of the Greek tribes that settled in ancient Thessaly, Boeotia, Lesbos, and Asia Minor
See Aeolian in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- Of or relating to Aeolis or its people or culture.
- Greek Mythology Of or relating to Aeolus.
- aeolian Variant of eolian.
- One of a Hellenic people of central Greece that occupied Aeolis and Lesbos around 1100 B.C.
- See Aeolic.
Learn more about Aeolian