Law that gives cause for an action or lawsuit
- Giving cause for legal action: an actionable statement.
- Relating to or being information that allows a decision to be made or action to be taken.
(comparative more actionable, superlative most actionable)
- (law) Affording grounds for legal action.
- I'm sure it's not good of me to write that he's a lush, but is it actionable?
- Clearly the libelous book is actionable, but I'm not commenting on anything to do with legal issues.
- (management) Capable of being articulated as an action item or a set of action items.
- One of our objectives in the next cycle is to have reviewed the documentation and determine the feasibility of our project plan schedule. Is that actionable? Can we determine any deliverables for this?
actionable - Legal Definition
Wrongful conduct that provide grounds for a lawsuit or other legal proceeding.