- occurring, situated, etc. above or on the surface of the earth
- not secret or hidden; free, open, etc.
- above or on the surface of the earth
- not secretly; openly, etc.
- Situated or taking place on or above the surface of the ground: aboveground nuclear testing.
- Operating or existing within the establishment; conventional: journalistic practices unacceptable to the aboveground press.
(comparative more aboveground, superlative most aboveground)
- The portion of society that is not underground.