- pl. -·bas or -·ba a member of a people of SW Nigeria and neighboring regions
- the language of this people, a tone language of the Niger-Congo subfamily
nounpl. Yoruba, or Yo·ru·bas
- A member of a West African people living chiefly in southwest Nigeria.
- The Benue-Congo language of this people.
- A sub-Saharan language. It belongs to the Benue-Congo branch of the Niger-Congo language family, and has nearly 30 million speakers in Nigeria, Benin, Togo and Sierra Leone, as well as communities in Brazil and Cuba.
- An African traditional religion which spawned various offshoots in the Americas in the 15th to 19th centuries. These include Santeria and Lukumi. See Yoruba religion.