transitive verb-·nursed·, -·nurs·ing
- to act as wet nurse to
- to give overly careful attention to
- A woman who suckles another woman's child.
- One who treats another with excessive care or solicitude.
transitive verbwet-nursed, wet-nurs·ing, wet-nurs·es
- To serve as wet nurse for.
- To treat with excessive care.
(plural wet nurses)
(third-person singular simple present wet nurses, present participle wet nursing, simple past and past participle wet nursed)
- To act as a wet nurse (in either sense.)
- Alternative spelling of wet nurse.