- Of or pertaining to Friesland.
- (in the Netherlands) Of or pertaining to West Friesland.
- A language spoken mostly in the province of Friesland, in the north of the Netherlands; West Lauwers Frisian, one of the three West Frisian languages (language varieties).
- (in the Netherlands) A dialect spoken in West Friesland in the province of North Holland, historically related to the language spoken in Friesland.
- The lects West Frisian, Saterland Frisian, and North Frisian are sometimes considered dialects of a single Frisian language, but more often they are considered a group of three independent languages.