- plural form of walnut
- There is trade in walnuts, walnut-oil, silk, cattle, &c.
- The gardens and orchards supply great abundance of fruits, especially almonds and walnuts; and bee-keeping is common throughout the country.
- Walnuts have become another important product and are exported, the average annual produce being 48,000 to 50,000 bushels.
- Some of its more unique specialties include boiled sturgeon, eel salad, eggplant rolled in walnuts and Georgian dumplings.
- Menu items include scungilli with mussels, shrimp and octopus, grilled calamari, Gorgonzola salad, eggplant, fried calamari, antipasto and Mesclun salad with goat cheese and walnuts.