- of, connected with, or used in seeing
- based on, designed for, or controlled by the use of sight
- that is or can be seen; visible
- of, having the nature of, or occurring as a mental image, or vision
- Optics optical
Origin of visualMiddle English from Late Latin visualis from Classical Latin visus, a sight: see vision
- a film clip, still photograph, etc. as used in a documentary film, TV news broadcast, etc.
- [pl.] the visual elements of a film, TV presentation, etc., as distinct from the accompanying sound