Virgin olive oil.
A ship's virgin voyage.
A virgin forest.
A virgin effort.
An example of a hockey virgin is someone who has never played hockey or been to a hockey game.
An example of a virgin is a person who has never had sexual intercourse.
An example of someone who would be described as a virgin is a virgin bride who has never had intercourse and who is innocent and pure.
A stock market virgin.
A virgin piña colada.
I've always wanted to sleep with a virgin but I don't see it happening.
I've never eaten tofu before - you could say I'm a tofu virgin.
A virgin daiquiri.
- Not traveled upon.Virgin snow.
- Never having had trees removed or cut down.A virgin forest.
- Never having been cultivated.Virgin land.
- Not processed or refined.Virgin ore; virgin wood pulp.
A virgin skydiver.
- Mary, the mother of Jesus
- Virgo, the constellation and sixth sign of the zodiac
Other Word Forms
Idioms and Phrasal Verbs
Origin of virgin
- Middle English from Old French virgine from Latin virgō virgin-
From American Heritage Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition
- From Old French virgine, from Latin virginem (nominative: virgo).