- simple past tense and past participle of vindicate
- The definition of vindicated is cleared from blame.
A suspect that was cleared of all charges by new evidence is an example of vindicated.
- Vindicated is defined as to have been justified in one’s belief or opinion.
A politician who got more votes after a controversial statement is an example of vindicated.
- You've vindicated your honor.
- Rights of the Irish parliament, which were afterwards in fuller measure successfully vindicated by Grattan.
- While feeling vindicated that Kris might already be dead, he couldn.t help the growing guilt at hurting so many other Immortals.
- They possessed in Cyprus a kingdom, in which they had vindicated for themselves a stronger hold over their feudatories than the kings of Jerusalem had ever enjoyed, and in which trading centres like Famagusta flourished vigorously.
- Duty must be accepted as a given certainty, or it is vindicated - unsatisfactorily enough, perhaps - in the way just explained.