On top of the hill left, is the old vicarage.
In 1722 he was presented to the rectory of Ludgvan, and in 173 2 he obtained in addition the vicarage of St Just, his native parish.
He was now appointed to the vicarage of St Dunstan's in the West.
He held in succession several preferments, among them the vicarage of Kennington near Oxford (1868), which he vacated in 1873 for the crown living of Beverston in Gloucestershire.
The same year, however, he was appointed to the vicarage of St Saviour's, Leeds, a church founded to preach and illustrate Tractarian principles.