- not legible or decipherable
- too dull, difficult, etc. to be read with pleasure, ease, comprehension, etc.
The definition of unreadable is scribbled or difficult to read, or dull or not worth reading.
An example of something unreadable is terrible handwriting.
not readable; specif.,
- Not legible or decipherable; illegible: unreadable handwriting.
- Unsuitable for or not worth reading: unreadable prose.
- Not interesting; dull: wholly unreadable statistics.
- Incomprehensible; opaque: an unreadable facial expression.
(comparative more unreadable, superlative most unreadable)
- That cannot be read or is not easy to read.
- unreadable handwriting
- a machine that cut up secret documents into small unreadable fragments
- unreadable charts
- Not sufficiently interesting to be worth reading.
- unreadable book
From un- + readable
- His face was unreadable, his gaze steady.
- His face was unreadable, but the skin around his eyes had softened with warmth.
- Davis was watching Bordeaux intently with an unreadable expression.
- His chiseled features were unreadable and hard.
- Romas was detached and unreadable, the supreme warrior prince.