- violating the rules or ethical code of a given profession
- not of, characteristic of, belonging to, or connected with a profession; nonprofessional
An example of an unprofessional letter is when a CEO of a company gets mad and sends a letter to a customer calling him an offensive slang word.
- a. Not in a profession.b. Not a qualified member of a professional group.
- Not conforming to the standards of a profession: unprofessional behavior.
- Characteristic of an amateur; inexpert.
(comparative more unprofessional, superlative most unprofessional)
un- +"Ž professional
- Cruise's lawyers struck back with this little gem: "This unqualified television performer who is obviously just looking for notoriety is so grotesquely unprofessional as to pretend to diagnose Tom and others without ever meeting them."
- While artwork and beauty are certainly in the eye of the beholder, some of the worst tattoos are blatantly unprofessional and so low in quality that even the least discerning eye would agree they qualify as an example of a bad tattoo.
- While some may argue that worrying about being stylish on the job is unprofessional or silly, feeling better about what you put on before your shift-even a subtle styling shift-can boost your morale.
- The last thing you'd want to do is to send out a critical email to an important client, only to come off appearing incredibly unprofessional for sending a message riddled with spelling errors.
- Conversations about intimate details of her marriage, erotic movies and discussing inappropriate topics on monitored phones during working hours are not only unprofessional but inappropriate.