designating wheat flour that has not been made whiter by chemical treatment or some other method
Not bleached or whitened: unbleached flour; unbleached linen.
- not bleached
- Organic cake flour is often more difficult to find than other types of organic flour because it is unbleached, while traditional cake flour is bleached to give baked goods a lighter texture.
- Organic cotton, such as can be found in a bamboo organic cotton tote bag, is typically unbleached and undyed, reducing the chemical impact its production will have on the ecosystem.
- Finally, you can try to lighten the texture of unbleached cake flour or organic pastry flour by adding one tablespoon of organic cornstarch to each cup of flour in a recipe.
- Diaper Junction: Offering several different fabrics (including unbleached cotton, and hemp), this website sells many different brands of pre-fold diapers.
- Organic cotton for an organic cotton futon is typically unbleached and undyed, reducing the chemical impact its production will have on the ecosystem.