Twas is defined as an older English style of writing to mean it was.
An example of twas is the first word of the Night Before Christmas poem by Clement Clarke Moore.
Contraction of it was.
- Common misspelling of 'twas.
- Whether you love the Grinch or 'Twas the Night before Christmas, you can visit your local library to borrow some of these holiday stories for free.
- If you are looking for some great social networking profiles highlighting the classic holiday poem Twas the Night Before Christmas, MySpace may have what you want.
- Wish-A-Friend offers dozes of free Christmas-related backgrounds and images, most of which tie in with the Twas the Night Before Christmas theme.
- Unless you are looking for profiles around Christmastime, you will have a difficult time finding any related to Twas the Night Before Christmas.
- Several sites collect these humorous tidbits, like "100 Ways to Annoy Your Roommate" and "'Twas the Night Before Finals".