Origin of tickedfrom tick off (sense ) (see phrase under tick)
The definition of ticked is slang for being angry or very upset.
An example of ticked is how a mom feels after finding her kids finger painting the carpet.
Slang angry, annoyed, irritated, etc.
(comparative more ticked, superlative most ticked)
- Ticked off; annoyed.
- Simple past tense and past participle of tick.
- Gabriel's jaw ticked as held her gaze for a long moment.
- It really ticked Alex off.
- Seconds ticked by as she stared at him in shocked silence.
- His jaw ticked, and his fists were clenched.
- Seconds literally ticked away on the old grandfather clock in the next room.