The definition of teary is someone about to cry or crying.
An example of someone who would be described as teary is someone who is crying.
- a. Filled or wet with tears: teary eyes.b. Of or resembling tears.
- Causing weeping: a teary movie; a teary goodbye.
- Inclined to weep: He becomes teary when he reminisces.
(comparative tearier, superlative teariest)
tear +"Ž -y
- If she gets teary eyed over classic marriage proposals on bended knee, an elegant and simple proposal may be best.
- Teary eyes at my daughter's award assembly, a quick late day shower, even the water play day at preschool, it stayed put.
- People have teary eyes, sneezing, fatigue, poor appetite, and an extremely runny nose (rhinorrhea).
- At the hacienda a teary Alondra met them at the door.
- The dramatic performance was rich in sad pathos and left the audience with teary eyes.