- An example of swore is someone having vowed that they'll pick someone up from the airport.
- An example of swore is someone having said "shit" to express their dismay at something happening.
Swore is defined as a promise has been made, or bad or rude language was used.
- A chair scraped next to her and Alex swore softly under his breath.
- Something big plunged away through the brush and Alex swore under his breath.
- I promise, she swore just as quietly.
- I swore to myself I'd never, ever mention it!
- He grimaced and swore softly.