- The definition of Swedish is a person or thing from Sweden.
- An example of Swedish is the city Stockholm.
- An example of Swedish is the actress Greta Garbo.
- Swedish is the language spoken in Sweden.
An example of Swedish is what people living in Gothenburg speak.
of Sweden or its people, language, or culture
the North Germanic language spoken in Sweden
the people of Sweden
Of or relating to Sweden, the Swedes, or their culture or language.
The North Germanic language of Sweden and parts of Finland.
- The Dutch trade was closed In 1814; the Swedish had been abolished in 1813.
- Livonia continued to be under Swedish rule, and Lithuania remained united with Poland.
- The Alexander legend was the theme of poetry in all European languages; six or seven German poets dealt with the subject, and it may be read in French, English, Spanish, Danish, Swedish, Icelandic, Flemish and Bohemian.
- Nests of this species were found in 1821 by Johana Wilhelm Zetterstedt near Juckasj,rwi in Swedish Lapland, but little was known concerning its nidification until 1855, when John Wolley, after two years' ineffectual search, succeeded in obtaining near the Finnish village Muonioniska, on the Swedish frontier, well-authenticated specimens with the eggs, both of which are like exaggerated bullfinches'.
- SVANTE AUGUST ARRHENIUS (1859-), Swedish physicist and chemist, was born on the 19th of February 1859, at Schloss Wijk, near Upsala.