- a person or thing that slides
- Baseball a type of pitch with the speed of a fastball and the movement of a curve
- One that slides: The snowy hill was filled with young sliders.
- Baseball A fast pitch released with the index and middle fingers close together and slightly off center so that it breaks in the same direction as a curve ball as it approaches the plate.
- A small hamburger served on a small bun, usually as a snack or appetizer.
- Any of various turtles of the genus Trachemys, especially T. scripta subsp. elegans of North America, having a red stripe behind the eye and often kept as a pet.
- Agent noun of slide: one who slides.
- (baseball) A pitch thrown with added pressure by middle and ring fingers yielding a combination of backspin and sidespin, resulting in a motion to the left when thrown by a right handed pitcher.
- The closer had a wicked slider that was almost unhittable.
- (cricket) A similar delivery in which the wrist and ring finger work to impart backspin to the ball.
- A small hamburger.
- We ordered five sliders.
- (curling) A piece of teflon or similar material attached to a curling shoe that allows the player to slide along the ice.
- (graphical user interface) A widget allowing the user to select a value or position on a sliding scale.
- (US, dialect) Pseudemys rugosa, the red-bellied terrapin.
slide +"Ž -er