- a brooding hen
- One that sits, especially:a. A person who cares for young children when the parents are not home; a babysitter.b. A person who poses or models, as for a portrait.
- A brooding hen.
- Someone who sits, e.g. for a portrait.
- One employed to watch or tend something; the general form of babysitter, housesitter, petsitter, etc.
- It's always such a pain to get a sitter on short notice.
- A broody hen.
- (soccer and snooker, slang) A very easy scoring chance.
- How could he miss that? It was an absolute sitter!
sit + -er