- a covering for an outside wall, as of a frame building, consisting generally of overlapping shingles, boards, aluminum panels, etc.
- a short railroad track connected with a main track by a switch and used for unloading, bypassing, etc.; sidetrack
- Material, such as boards or shingles, used for surfacing the outside walls of a frame building.
- A short section of railroad track connected by switches with a main track.
- A building material which covers and protects the sides of a house or other building (called cladding in the UK).
- Ugh. If there's one thing I can't stand it's cheesy vinyl siding.
- (rail transport) A second, relatively short length of track just to the side of a railroad track, joined to the main track by switches at one or both ends, used either for unloading freight, or to allow two trains on a same track to meet (opposite directions) or pass (same direction).
- Present participle of side.
- Whenever he hears an argument, he can't help siding with one party or the other.