- simple past tense and past participle of shrug
Carmela shrugged when her friend asked her if she was ready for the final exam in her Biology class.
Shrugged is defined as someone has raised and then lowered their shoulders as an expression of indifference or doubt.
An example of shrugged is how someone would have responded after being asked a question to which they didn't know the answer.
- Felipa shrugged a shoulder elegantly.
- Carmen shrugged again, plunging her hands into the warm dishwater.
- She shrugged and then walked away.
- Carmen shrugged, not knowing what to say.
- She shrugged, her face growing warm.