The horse's beautiful chestnut colored coat shone in the sun.
- An example of shone is what a flashlight did.
- The shining done to the chrome on an antique car is an example of shone.
- When a candidate for a political office won a debate, that is an example of shone.
Shone is the past tense of shine and is defined as something reflected light, a surface was polished or someone stood out because of excellence.
A past tense and a past participle of shine
- Simple past tense and past participle of shine.
- They rose and shone the light on her again.
- Her face shone with a glowing smile like a summer sunrise.
- Her face shone with rapturous joy.
- He lifted Selyn's eyelids and shone a light to watch her pupils.
- He shone a light in her face before hauling her to her feet.