The horse is getting shod with new horseshoes.
- An example of shod is a child wearing new shoes.
- An example of a shod is for a car to have new tires.
The definition of shod is wearing shoes or equipped with tires.
Past tense and a past participle of shoe
- Simple past tense and past participle of shoe.
- I'd kick out with those long legs and iron-shod hoofs.
- To ride rough-shod over individual bishops was nothing to Prussia; but to quarrel mortally with Rome was a serious matter for a sovereign reigning over millions of Catholic subjects.
- Marching thirty miles that stormy night across roadless hills, with his hungry, ill-shod soldiers, and losing a third of his men as stragglers by the way, Bagration came out on the Vienna-Znaim road at Hollabrunn a few hours ahead of the French who were approaching Hollabrunn from Vienna.
- The stand is generally made circular in section, each of the three legs being shod at the lower extremity with steel.
- If a horse to be shod, or any broken tool were left with a sixpenny piece at the entrance of the cave the repairs would presently be executed.