- the act or an instance of stealing, cheating, exploiting, misrepresenting, etc.
- a product that is overpriced, esp. one that is inferior or an imitation
Gary and Elena realized they had been ripped off when their contractor skipped town with the large deposit they paid him.
- The definition of a rip off is a product that is not worth the cost or a scam that you fall victim to that causes you to pay more than something is worth.
- An example of a rip off is a cheap purse that falls apart in a day.
- An example of a rip off is when someone promises to sell you an item, takes your money and never comes with the item.
- To rip off is to cheat or steal from someone.
An example of rip off is when you ask someone for money for a product that you will buy them, take the money and never deliver.
- A product or service that is overpriced or of poor quality.
- Something, such as a film or story, that is clearly imitative of or based on something else.
- A theft.
- An act of exploitation.
- Alternative spelling of rip-off.
- rip off (verb)
- Not a Star War because that would be a rip-off.
- Tear away underwear -- Several varieties of rip-off cire shorts, bikinis and studded chaps shorts with g-strings are available.
- Hardcore Pawn is the target of lots of flack for being a "rip-off" of the History Channel's Pawn Stars series.
- Advent Rising: An obvious Halo/Star Wars/Starship Troopers rip-off, but worth playing through for the story.
- A bit higher is to be expected, but sky high fees are a sign of a rip-off, so do some comparisons.