- the act of preventing
- means of preventing
Prevention is the act of stopping something or ensuring something does not happen.
Stopping teenagers from using drugs is an example of drug prevention.
The act of preventing something: the prevention of illness.
(countable and uncountable, plural preventions)
- - Wet weather as before, to the prevention of our operations.
- The Cattle Diseases Prevention Act 1866 (29 & 30 Vict.
- A bill for the better prevention of pellagra was introduced in the spring of 1902.
- Every power, is, therefore, rightfully interested in the prevention of such exclusion.
- For the next sixty years an urgent question was the prevention of floods in the capital.