Cretaceous era dinosaurs
The definition of prehistoric is the time before time was recorded.
An example of prehistoric is the Paleozoic era.
- Of, relating to, or belonging to the era before recorded history.
- Of or relating to a language before it is first recorded in writing.
(comparative more prehistoric, superlative most prehistoric)
From French prÃ©historique.
- The whole neighborhood is rich in prehistoric remains.
- The island contains a very large number of important prehistoric monuments.
- The Finnish races, which in prehistoric times extended from the Ob all over N.
- The domus de gianas, on the other hand, resemble closely the rock tombs of the prehistoric cemeteries of Sicily.
- There is an archaeological museum with prehistoric antiquities from the lake-dwellings on an island in the Lake of Varese.