Physiologically is defined as relating to the normal functions of a living thing.
An example of physiologically used as an adverb is the phrase "doing well physiologically," which means functioning in a health way.
- A soil may be physically wet; but if the plants absorb the water only with difficulty, as in a salt marsh, then the soil is, as regards plants, physiologically dry.
- Many forms, even when multicellular, have all their cells identical in structure and function, and are often spoken of as physiologically unicellular.
- The soil is physiologically dry.
- Physically wet but physiologically dry ha bit ats,f with the accompanying plant communities of fens, moors, and salt marshes.
- There has, however, been performed upon halophytes very little physiologically experimental work which commands general acceptance.