- without the help of others; in person: to attend to a matter personally
- as a person: I dislike him personally, but I admire his art
- in one's own opinion; speaking for oneself
- as though directed at oneself: to take a remark personally
- In the immediate presence of someone; in person: I thanked them personally.
- Without anyone else being involved or considered: You will be held personally responsible if something goes wrong.
- As far as oneself is concerned; in one's opinion: Personally, I don't mind.
- As a person: I admire his skill but dislike him personally.
- In a personal manner: Don't take the disparaging remarks personally.
(comparative more personally, superlative most personally)
- In a personal manner.
- In person.
- Concerning oneself.
- Personally, I think that ...
- As a person.
- I like you personally, but as a colleague you are useless.
From Middle English personally, personely, personallich, personaliche, equivalent to personal +"Ž -ly.