The oak-panelled hall and the principal rooms are of the 15th century.
The lower order contains the flat pilastered portal with two panelled spaces on each side.
"One of the seven wonders of Wales" is St Giles's church, of the 14th, 15th and 16th centuries, with a panelled tower of several stages erected between 1506 and 1520, and containing ten famous bells cast (1726) by Rudhall; the interior is Decorated, and has two monuments by Roubilliac to the Myddletons.
They are of four stories and contain the great hall with an open timber ceiling and oak-panelled walls; the Sheriff Court House; the Town Hall, with excellent portraits of Prince Albert (Prince Consort), the 4th earl of Aberdeen, the various lord provosts and other distinguished citizens.
On the flat panelled ceiling of the nave are the heraldic shields of the princes, noblemen and bishops who shared in its erection, and the great west window contains modern painted glass of excellent colour and design.