intransitive verb-·stood′, -·stand′ing
intransitive verbout·stood, out·stand·ing, out·stands
(third-person singular simple present outstands, present participle outstanding, simple past and past participle outstood)
- To resist effectually; withstand; sustain without yielding.
- To surpass in standing; stand or remain beyond; outstay.
- (intransitive) To project outward from the main body; stand out prominently; be prominent.
- (intransitive) To stand out to sea.
- (intransitive) To stand over; remain untouched, unimpaired, unsettled, uncollected, unpaid, or otherwise undetermined.
- outstanding contracts