- simple past tense and past participle of ostracize
Ostracized is defined as excluded, left out or made to feel unwelcome.
An example of ostracized is if you invited everyone to your party except one person and told all of your friends not to be friends with that person.
- These children were the next step in evolution, but many are imprisoned, ostracized, exiled and executed in the fight for survival.
- Second, children who are actively disliked, teased, or ostracized by peers are at more risk than children who are simply ignored.
- Elphaba is ostracized because she was born with green skin, but while at college of Shiz University, she shows a talent for magic that catches the eye of the headmistress of the school.
- As a psychiatrist today, I now understand some of the psychological and evolutionary basis behind maintaining one's self in proper standing within a group for fear of being ostracized.
- Grote and others hold that six thousand had to be given against one person before he was ostracized, but it seems unlikely that the attendance at the Ecclesia ever admitted of so large a vote against one man, and the view is contradicted by Plut.