- of or pertaining to an investment company that has no fixed limit to the number of shares issued, so that the shares are issued and redeemed as demand requires
- allowing the borrowing of additional funds over a period of time on the original security
- Having no definite limit of duration or amount: an open-end contract.
- Continually issuing new shares or buying back existing shares from shareholders: an open-end mutual fund.
- Permitting the borrowing of additional funds under existing terms: an open-end mortgage.