- the state or quality of being oblique
- an oblique statement, action, etc.
- a turning aside from moral conduct or sound thinking
- Astron. the angle between the planes of a planet's equator and its orbit about the sun: for the earth (obliquity of the ecliptic) it is currently c. 23° 26.5? and will decrease at the rate of 0.47? a year for c. 1,500 years, at which time it will begin to increase again
- deviation of a line or plane from the perpendicular or parallel
- the degree of this
Origin of obliquityMiddle English obliquitee from Classical Latin obliquitas